Friday 3 June 2016

Avoid Major Plumbing Mistakes: Get Help From a Professional

The biggest mistake I ever made was not calling a professional plumbers Austin TX when I first noticed the U-shaped pipe leaking from underneath my kitchen sink. I didn’t think it was a big deal, so I tightened the pipe up a bit with my wrench and then went on with the rest of the day. 

Unfortunately, I did not realize that I caused a bigger problem. Although the water was no longer leaking inside the cabinet underneath the sink, it was now leaking directly down into my basement.

When I went into the basement to put on a load of laundry, I saw a huge puddle of water and instantly started panicking. I called a plumber because I wanted to find out what was going on. 

It turns out that the pipe was leaking from the cabinet under the sink because there was an overload of gunk inside of it that needed to get removed. However, I made the problem worse by tightening up the pipe without opening it up and removing the buildup of debris from inside of it.

The plumber was easily able to open the pipe and take out the buildup of both hair and food. It was a lot nastier than I expected, but I am glad the problem is solved. I will never try to solve a plumbing issue on my own again because I do not want to cause more problems for myself in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment